Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

An Irish Barbeque

Options
irishrog
irishrog Posts: 375
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here is a link to a video of a barbeque event I ran back in June this year. This was not an egg fest but it was great fun.
http://www.parkwayshoppingcentre.com/news-events/watch-the-video-of-parkways-annual-bbq-cook-off.313.html
Greetings from Ireland,
Roger

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Way cool, thanks for sharing Roger!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Great video. Loved the music.

Food looked great too. But no Big Green Eggs.

Was that you in the red apron?

Thanks for sharing.

Spring "'Tis A Bit 'O Irish In All Of Us" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    Looks like a great time. Good lookin' food too !!!

Thanks for the link.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Great video of your BBQ event! Everyone's having a good time, lot's of families, kids to Grandpa's. Congrats! :cheer:
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options

Great video Roger, I enjoyed the music also. Looks like a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing. :)

Blair

• eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Thanks for posting Roger. Looks as if a good time was had by all with wonderful food and music! :)
  • irishrog
    irishrog Posts: 375
    Options
    Hi Leroy,
    I wasnt cooking because I was chief organiser, head judge and general bottle washer, so I did not have time to cook. I think you can see my back at onestage in the video.
    All the teams were total amateurs, and most had not cooked in a competition before, so they did well for the little experience.
    We had 18 teams but none cooked on an egg.
    We supplied all but 1 of the barbeques, the local BBQ shop brought his own, and although he sells eggs he also does weber, so he brought his webber this year, (he did use his eggs last year.)
    The music is origional written by a traditional irish musician called Dennis Carey, who very generously allowed me to use it.
    I am so glad everybody enjoyed the video.