Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Piedmontese beef

DeckhandDeckhand Posts: 318
edited 9:38PM in EggHead Forum
Anyone try Piedmontese beef? They just started carrying it (in limited quantities) at Paradise Locker Meats, north of KC MO. About $1+ more than regular beef. Supposed to be leaner, more tender... grass fed only and have less cholesterol. Both butchers and the meat clerk said they can taste the difference. Anyone here eaten any?
·

Comments

• Adult ADHDAdult ADHD Posts: 150
    I had nearly stopped eating beef before switching to grass fed beef. Incredible difference is found in taste and texture. The Piedmontese is very good and many documents about the grass fed meat support their health claim. $1 more a pound is a good deal.
    ·
  • DeckhandDeckhand Posts: 318
    Thanks. Good to know you can taste the difference.
    Mark
    ·
  • InksmythInksmyth Posts: 308
    Where is Paradise Locker? I'm in south KC but I'd make the drive.
    ·
  • DeckhandDeckhand Posts: 318
    http://www.paradisemeats.com/

It's in Trimble, north of Smithville. Long drive for you. Take 169 through Smithville to the blue "Trimble" sign. Turn left, go 50yds. Not open on Sunday. They buy the Piedmontese already cut and packed but most of their other meats are butchered there. All their pork is from local farms. If you call a day ahead, they will cut steaks to your specs and have them ready for you. If you use a GPS, it will show Birch St as 208st.
    ·
  • InksmythInksmyth Posts: 308
    I know where Trimble is. Years ago I lived in Polo. Fished Smithville all the time.
    ·
  • GandolfGandolf Posts: 878
    We recently started buying some grass fed. You will taste and feel (texture is different too) the difference.
    ·
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    I haven't tried any yet :(
    The company that I ordered my dried morels from carrys
    it:

http://www.earthy.com/Michigan-Raised_Piedmontese_Be_C279.cfm
    ·