Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

speaking of lump: Chicago Charcoal

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,888
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
IMG_1614.jpg

I haven't seen this brand in a few years - are they still in biz? I find no address on the bag.
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    I bet you're right! This was the brand that Pottstown Deli used to sell nine years ago and was the ONLY lump to be easily found around here - even the previous BGE dealer didn't carry lump! No wonder that BGE dealer went belly up with that kind of business acumen - NOT!

BTW I call that 60 pounds my bedrock lump since it has been on the bottom of my stash for nine years now! If I ever get to it then I'll know I'm in trouble!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • TheDirtyBurger
    Options
    This place rules. I am not sure it is the place you think it is thought. I have been going there since spring and as far as I can tell it is a distribution center for charcoal not a producer or packager. They sell to most restaurants who use charcoal and are open to the public. Cash only though. They have briquettes, lump,smoking chips. I get the royal oak blue bag (star grill) there and its.like $11 with tax for 20lb bags. $5 cheapee than the cheapest place by me. Closed at 4 or 5 everyday and I don't think they do weekends.

Anuttpos please forgive me. I'm on my Droid at the vet
    The wife.needs her shots