Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Salmon?

Rolling EggRolling Egg Posts: 1,995
edited 12:03PM in EggHead Forum
Getting ready to cook up some burgers and cedar plank salmon. The question is this. I have to cook the burgers first and the thought hit me about all that grease hitting the coals. Would you chase the burgers with the cedar plank after maybe a 15 minute burn after the burgers, or would you fire up the second egg for the salmon with clean coals? Thanks!

BTW- Im using Raging river on the salmon. Any smoke? type?

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,817
    Rolling Egg,

I thinkthe second egg would be the way to go. It can take a while for the greasy odour from the burgers to dissipate, even after the burn.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• FidelFidel Posts: 10,172
    Depending on how many burgers and the fat content of them, I would lean toward using the second egg.

I mean, you bought another for a reason, right? Fire it up and have the best of both worlds.
  • Rolling EggRolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Thanks man.
    Thanks LS. Kinda what I was thinking.
    The burgers ar 80-20 so there will be plenty of grease. Your right, why have two eggs and only use one. I guess the large will be fired up!
  • I use Alder. I buy untreated planks at the lumber co, cut them to length, wet them down and start on the egg for about 10 to 15 minutes to get them toasty before the salmon goes skin side down. As Hoss told me, do not over cook. salmon turns out great.

Dave in Plumas county
  • HANSHANS Posts: 1
    DOES ANYBODY HAVE A SOLUTION TO THE
    CD WITH RECIPES THAT CAME WITH THE GREEN EGG
    THAT CAN BE READ ON A MAC COMPUTER/
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Hans,

This link should take care of any questions you have with your new egg. If not just ask away here, but as a 'new threadt' and not mixed into an existing one. You may not understand the layout of this forum if you're not in 'Classic View'. Also, using all CAPITAL letters means your yelling. Try and avoid too much yelling. ;)

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=843650&catid=1

Welcome Aboard
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    Use the second egg.Don'T overcook!You can ALWAYS throw it back on for a few minutes.NO ONE can uncook anything! ;)