Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Steak

Options
MadMax
MadMax Posts: 10
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anybody have a quick recipe for 3/4 inch pork steaks
Time temp ect.
Thanks, MadMax

Comments

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    S10_30_9918_30_02.jpg
    <p />MadMax, Are pork chops kind of like pork chops? If so, check out the link. Good luck![p]
    [ul][li]Pork Chops with Pico De Gallo [/ul]
  • MadMax
    MadMax Posts: 10
    Options
    Gfw,
    Kinda,but porksteaks have more fat and marbled
    so maybe a little more tender,use to get them down south
    so I thought id try them today.
    Hows it in peoria today??? Im from Mattoon and its beautiful here! Im also trying your chicken breasts hOpe there good!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks MadMax

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    POND_05_21_0015_17_02.jpg
    <p />MadMax, the weather in Peoria is absolutely beautiful. I worked on the yard and the pond (picture) most of the day - just getting ready to make a little beef tenderloin roast - nothing fancy, just a little ground salt, ground pepper and yellow mustard! [p]

[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    MadMax,[p]Pork steaks is a term I haven't heard much since I lived in central Illinois. They are more like a rib eye in beef. They are very tender and marbled. I would do them just like any other steak -- fast and hot.[p]Tim
  • JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Options
    MadMax,
    Just last night I did some 1" thick boneless pork chops that had been brined for almost 2 days and then put in a jerk marinade for 36 hours. Dome temp 600-650F for 3 minutes per side then shut down for 3 more minutes. Just barely pink inside and very juicy.
    JimW