Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Tenderloin & Red Potatos

highpress
highpress Posts: 694
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey Everyone,
Hope you guys are doing well. .. I haven't been on for a few days so i'm sure i've missed alot of bickering :ermm: but i hope we're playing nice... Anyways, I decided to try this recipe as it had a lot of good reviews and i had some tenderloin in the fridge:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Burgundy-Pork-Tenderloin/Detail.aspx

I had to modify the dish i cooked it in because i wanted to use the small. My large has been VERY jelious and quite neglegted since i got her..

DSCN2155.jpg
'couple loins ready for a quick sear..

DSCN2157.jpg
on the egg, for a quick sear for a couple mins each side. I should have gotten the egg a little hotter but i was in a hurry...

DSCN2164.jpg
Then after sear place in a 8x8 with wine, mushrooms, beef broth, and somo stuff

DSCN2175.jpg
this was the wine used in the dinner... The recipe calls for "Burgandy" wine but i ended up with this..

DSCN2150.jpg
Chopped up some red potatoes, butter, and seasoning in a foil packet

DSCN2166.jpg
Both on the egg for about 1/2 hour i think or so?

DSCN2167.jpg
cook pork to temp, rest and slice

DSCN2174.jpg
some cheese for the taters

DSCN2180.jpg
Plated w/some HM bread..

You were supposed to make a gravy out of the wine/mix, but to be honest the gravy didn't quite turn out...Didn't really like the flavor of it. The pork was tender, and i liked the seasoning, but wasn't a huge fan of the wine sauce. The recipe called for "burgandy" wine, not sure if that is a type of wine or a brand, but could not find it at the liquor store so i just grabbed the bottle of RM wine. The meal was good, pork was extremely tender, potatoes and bread were fantastic but I thought with all the reviews the pork would have been better. Not sure if that was the recipe or something i did. I didn't follow the recipe to a "T"...So i can't be for certain.. . Thanks for looking!

Comments