Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

CatCat Posts: 556
edited 8:51PM in EggHead Forum
[p]I did a butterflied hunk o' lamb leg on the small Egg last night. Marinated for a few hours in crushed garlic, lemon juice & zest, soy, olive oil & thyme. Put it on when the dome temp hit 550: seared 5 minutes on each side, then shut both vents & gave it 2 minutes more on each side. After a 20-minute rest it was nicely crusty outside & perfect medium rare inside.[p]When the lamb was done I grilled some asparagus. Heaven. [p]

• SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    Cat,[p]Glad to see you're back. I definitely need to move to the Big Apple :). [p]Spin

• CatCat Posts: 556
    Spin,[p]You & Sue have an open invitation to dinner, anytime.[p]Cathy
  • char buddychar buddy Posts: 562
    Cat,[p]Give us the amount of rushed garlic, lemon juice & zest, soy,
    olive oil & thyme, you used, please.[p]thanks.

• CatCat Posts: 556
    char buddy ,[p]It was a 2.5 lb. piece of lamb, & the marinade measures were kinda approximate...3 large cloves garlic, 1/2 a large lemon (zest & juice), maybe 2 Tbsp soy & 3-4 Tbsp oil, a Tbsp of fresh thyme leaves. I mashed everything up in a mortar...great outlet for aggression. ;-}[p]Cathy
  • SundownSundown Posts: 2,916
    Dang! I wish you would stop doing things like this post on the lamb. Gonna try it this week I hope.
    Ribs been cooking at 250* ready to come off soon
    The droolin' continues

• Frozen ChosenFrozen Chosen Posts: 131
    Cat,This I've got to try. Some questions: Did you leave it butterflied or roll it up? After the 2 minute dwell per side, did it rest at room temp for 20 minutes, or somehow remain on the egg?

• char buddychar buddy Posts: 562
    Cat,[p]Thanks, Cat. I's getting ready to try your ribs again the middle of this week. We got company coming over. I messed up the time/temp the first time.