Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First attempt at Brisket

Options
Smokin' Stogies
Smokin' Stogies Posts: 177
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
To all my fellow egg'rs who helped out on how to cook the brisket and where to place the pit probe, thanks from the family and friends. It was a huge success!!! Cooked for a solid 12 hours at 225 to an internal of 185. I stayed with attaching the probe to the dome thermo. wrapped it and placed it in the cooler for 4 hours and pulled it out to warm and it was still steaming. The rub was from TexasBBQrub.com. My daughter's boyfriend loved it so much he offered to buy the meat for the next one.

?action=view&current=DSC_0017.jpg#!oZZ5QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs793.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fyy217%2FSmokinStogies%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DDSC_0017.jpg%26
On at 1:30 a.m.
?action=view&current=DSC_0017.jpg#!oZZ3QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs793.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fyy217%2FSmokinStogies%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DDSC_0019.jpg%26
Off at 1:30 p.m.
?action=view&current=DSC_0017.jpg#!oZZ1QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs793.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fyy217%2FSmokinStogies%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DDSC_0021.jpg%26
Oh so juicy and tasty!!!

Smokin'Stogies in Exton, Pa with my wife and our four dogs; Sully and Boo the Newfoundlands, Murphy the Irish Setter and Alli the Beagle/Lab mix. 

Eggers Prayer-

Our egg, which art in sizes, hallowed be thy smoke, thy will be grilled, at home as it is at eggfest. Give us this clay our daily brisket and forgive us our rubs, as we forgive those who gas grill against us, and lead us not to flashback but deliver us from overnighters. For thine is the grill, the smoke, the egg. Let's eat!

Comments

• ResQue
    ResQue Posts: 1,045
    Options
  • Smokin' Stogies
    Options
    OK learning how to link photos.

DSC_0021.jpg

Smokin'Stogies in Exton, Pa with my wife and our four dogs; Sully and Boo the Newfoundlands, Murphy the Irish Setter and Alli the Beagle/Lab mix. 

Eggers Prayer-

Our egg, which art in sizes, hallowed be thy smoke, thy will be grilled, at home as it is at eggfest. Give us this clay our daily brisket and forgive us our rubs, as we forgive those who gas grill against us, and lead us not to flashback but deliver us from overnighters. For thine is the grill, the smoke, the egg. Let's eat!

• Smokin' Stogies
    Options
    Here are the other 2.
    DSC_0017.jpg
    DSC_0019.jpg

Eggers Prayer-

• ResQue
    ResQue Posts: 1,045
    Options
    Looks good. How did you like it? Also, how do you like your cutting board? I just looked at one today and the place that was selling it wants $63 for the same one you have. I do love my other epicurean boards.
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Smokin' Stogies, indeed, your first brisket looks delicious!!!! :)
  • very nice first effort, looks like it came out perfect
  • Smokin' Stogies
    Options
    It was perfect and very tasty. Used a mix of Cherry and Apple Wood. I wouldn't do without that cutting board. I was looking as a number of them then had a cooking class with co-workers where we used that one. I was immediately sold and sucked up the expense. I use one of these waffle shelf liners under it to keep it from moving. Now the wife is suggesting I try smoked meatloaf next. Will let you know how that comes out!

Eggers Prayer-

• Frank from Houma
    Options
    Mightyfine brisket - If the meatloaf comes out half as good as that brisket looks you will be over the moon with it. :)
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    Looks mighty fine my friend. You got to love it when people say " I'll buy everything you need if you will cook it."