Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chili Cook

Options
FatDog
FatDog Posts: 164
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I bought a trio of inexpensive sirloin tip steaks (marketed as "skillet steaks") for chili and decided today was the day to introduce the ingredients to the egg. I got the fire up to about 650 degrees and put the steaks on with a small bit of mesquite for about 2 minutes per side ... came off at medium rare. Naturally, I hade to try a bite to see if they were "worth eating" and danged if they weren't good. Shut down the lower vent and put miss daisy on.[p]I put tomato puree and diced tomatoes in my Lodge Dutch oven and added the meat cut into approximately 3/8" cubes along with a can of pinto beans, black beans, and light red kidneys. Added my super secret chili powder and put it on the egg (which had dropped to about 350 degrees). Let it all cook about 2 hours.[p]We just consumed mass quantities over some jasmine rice and I must say it was mmmmmmmmmm goooood! Just thought you would like to know.

Comments