Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2 Pizza Setup?

Options
crmilt
crmilt Posts: 115
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Is there a 2 pizza setup for a large egg? I have a round BGE baking stone and a rectangular Pampered Chef baking stone.

Can I cook 2 pizzas at once? If so, what is the set up? Thx!
__________ Chris

Comments

• EmandM'sDad
    Options
    Don't use the PC stone in the egg! Guaranteed to break!
  • Fornia
    Fornia Posts: 451
    Options
    While I cant personally help with a 2 pie set-up...I can say I've read about Pampered Chef stones cracking in the Egg. I luckily did a last minute search (after much previous forum research), only to learn the PC stone was not advised.

I'm not gonna be crazy enough to think there hasn't been one of the season vets on here who has done 2 pies...but I could imagine maybe they'd be 2 personals . :)
  • crmilt
    crmilt Posts: 115
    Options
    This advice about not using the PC stone in the egg makes my question about a 2 pizza setup moot.

However, the PC stone was in the closet for 10 years not getting used so if it breaks, nothing lost. We were not using it anyway.
    __________ Chris
  • PattyO
    PattyO Posts: 883
    Options
    Pampered chef instructs you to assemble pizza on cold stone, then put it in the oven. My stone, from a restaurant supply house heats in my oven at 550' for about an hour before I slide the pizza on it. I don't know the dimensions, but would the amazon pizza stones fit with a medium stone in your egg? Or go for the unglazed brick tiles. That's the direction I'm going next.
    PattyO
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Then the best answer is..NO...you cant cook multiple pizzas on the same egg at the same time..the question was asked only a couple of days ago...do a search...that said..of course you "could" cook 2 pizzas at once....would they be acceptable is where the no factor comes in..
  • UofMontanaAlum
    Options
    I also wanted to bake two pizzas at the same time so my solution was to buy a 2nd large BGE.
  • KB
    KB Posts: 144
    Options
    Mine cook in 6 to 8 minutes. That's quick enough so that people have a hard time keeping up with what comes out of the egg.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Sounds like a reason for the second large ;)
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mudflap
    Mudflap Posts: 69
    Options
    KB wrote:
    Mine cook in 6 to 8 minutes. That's quick enough so that people have a hard time keeping up with what comes out of the egg.

I agree. A typical pizza will take 8 minutes or less, unless you are baking a deep dish I would think that would be a fast enough turn around time. It is for us. That being said, I saw on an online demo a guy baked two pizzas on an XL....obviously side by side.