Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Raging River Ribs?

Options
BBQBluesStringer
BBQBluesStringer Posts: 398
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm doing a couple slabs and a butt to repay a neighbor that did me a big favor this week, and I have been thinking about ways to punch up the ribs a bit. Dizzy Pig's Raging River comes to mind, but I'm a little concerned that all the sugar will char and turn black over 5 hours in the egg. I've never been a big proponent of wrapping ribs, but I recently saw a recipe (link posted here I think) where the ribs got a second rub in the wrap phase of a 3-1-1.5. Now that mule might pull... The Raging River flavor would just be awesome on ribs. Anyone tried this or have some commentary on how to make it work?[p]Thanks! I'll be tossing the ribs on at about 11:00 EST today. ;-)[p]

Comments

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    BBQBluesStringer,[p]Raging River is fantastic on ribs. Last weekend I did three slabs of spares coated with RR for almost 6 hours at 225° indirect, foiled for 30 minutes, then lightly sauced for 15 minutes. The RR held up well with no charing but I did everything indirect. Oh and my family said they were right up in the "best ribs ever" category.[p]Good luck.[p]Chuck