Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bomba Rice

Options
EGGRPh
EGGRPh Posts: 180
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Where can I find a good supplier for Bomba rice? I have looked in my home town and none of the mega stores have it. I would like to do paella. I understand I can use Aborio, but would prefer Bomba.
Thanks,

Stef in Brunswick, Ohio.

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    If you can't find a specialty merchant with it then you will have to order. For me ordering and paying shipping is usually cheaper than buying locally and paying sales tax and driving all over town to get it.
  • QPete
    QPete Posts: 32
    Options
    There are other types of rice to use for paella, that you won’t go wrong with.

In Spain they will typically use several “DO” varieties for paella and other non “DO”s
    (Non “DO”s for the un-suspecting tourist, make believe gourmands, and household use)

Bomba, Senia, Bahia from Valencia, and Bomba and Calasparra rice from Calasparra.

Don’t think they only use Bomba, different cooks/chefs used different rice’s for different reasons.

Try Valencia Rice (non “DO”) Goya Brand is popular, and is probably stocked at your mega-mart.
    There is nothing wrong with this rice; it just does not have a “DO”.

Is sort of like buying a Burgundy from Guy, and a Pinot Noir from his neighbor Francois, both of similar quality, is there that big of a difference to justify the price.
  • EGGRPh
    EGGRPh Posts: 180
    Options
    Thanks QPete! I'll will go look for Goya Valencia.