Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Bone In Pork Chop Sandwich

Grillin GuyGrillin Guy Posts: 302
edited 8:11PM in EggHead Forum
There used to be a little BBQ joint around here called The Coalville Grocery that served a wonderful, smokey pork chop with a sweet glaze that just melted in your mouth. You could get it on a plate with sides or they'd put it between two pieces of white bread. You'd just eat around the bone. I thought I would try to replicate it tonight and it came out pretty good.

Dusted it with DQ Raging River and salt and pepper.

Glazed them with a mixture of butter, real maple syrup and some wildflower honey.

On the grill direct at 400. It was getting dark outside so this picture didn't come out very well.

Served between sourdough bread with home made potato chips. I'll do this again.

• ChubbyChubby Posts: 2,956
    Or in this case...around the bone!!

Nice work...good lookin' Sammie!
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    We love pork chops. I'll be doing these soon. Thanks. Did you brine them? Glaze them while cooking or after they were done?
  • fire eggerfire egger Posts: 1,124
    Terry, that looks pretty darn good
  • bobbybbobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Good job Terry.
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,629
    That is on the short list.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• thechief96thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    That is my kind of sandwhich. ;)
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • Did you brine them? Glaze them while cooking or after they were done?

Steve, I did not brine them. I started basting after the first turn.
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Thanks, Terry. They sure look good :P