Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Best BBQ Sauce

csrcsr Posts: 27
edited 5:43AM in EggHead Forum
Recently visited St. Louis and tried out Pappy's Smokehouse. Have to say the taste of my ribs were just as good or better, as I smoke them the same way with apple and cherry. However, their original sauce was f'n terrific!

This is not an advertisement for Pappy's, just a recommendation. I ordered 5 bottles of the sauce when I got back home to Dallas, gave 3 away, and all given a thumbs up.

Comments

• JeffersonianJeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Pappy's is widely thought to be on the top of the BBQ pile here in River City right now, so you probably got the best ribs for sale we have. I've been to Pappy's twice, and never was able to get in, it was so crowded.

I'll have to, at least, get a bottle of their sauce now that I've got a solid recommendation.
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 11,843
    f'n? how nice.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!

…Unknown

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Should we fetch you a fainting couch?
  • msirachmsirach Posts: 6
    I did buy Pappy's at our local Kroger's until I started making my own sauce.
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Easier than spelling out "freakin". Tsk, tsk.
  • snake701uksnake701uk Posts: 187
    There are fantastic sauces for serving. However I prefer my home made for cooking. I have never thought about why before! I need to reflect, lol. Andy