Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ Pitmasters meets Triple-D

Options
Jeffersonian
Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did anyone else catch this?

I watched a Tivo'ed episode of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives last night before hitting the hay, and one of the featured restaurants rung a big bell. It turns out that Guy Fieri visited Southern Soul BBQ in South Georgia a couple of weeks before it burned to the ground. If you'll remember, that's the team that was kicked off of BBQ Pitmasters for the losing catfish(!!).

I have to say, those guys put together some really good-looking pulled pork and St. Looie spares. It's a shame the producers of BBQPM tossed Harrison Sapp and his team mates for such a ludicrous reason. I think they would have put together a nice spread for the judges.

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
  • thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Options
    I watched it last night since I had nothing else to watch (had it recorded). It was pure cr*p. I thought it was a "pulled pork" comp.
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    TLC's pulling somethin', but it ain't pork.
  • KMagnus
    KMagnus Posts: 114
    Options
    As soon as I saw Harrison Sapp - and recalled seeing him on Triple D - I thought the show 'might' be interesting. I've never eaten at their place, but have already made note so next time I'm in the area, I could look them up. Love their low/slow approach...

It didn't take long to figure out the format is trying to cross into that reality crap of immunity challenges. Whomever thought this format change was more appealing than last year - should have tested it on more pilot audiences - people who actually watched the show last year - to see if it was a smart move. Personally, I've deleting the entry from my DVR - I've seen enough.

Warren Sapp as a judge - are you freaking joking??