Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Buffalo Tri Tip & Wedge salad

Scotty's InfernoScotty's Inferno Posts: 624
edited 2:56AM in EggHead Forum
I found a recipe,printed by my wife and stuffed in my briefcase called "buffalo steak", that called for flat iron steak or skirt steak marinated in Franks's buffalo wing sauce. No such steaks at Publix, so I went with 2 tri tips. Nice result. I often wonder why I cook anything other than tri tip on steak night...
269jpg.jpg?t=1281751220
274jpg.jpg?t=1281751551
279jpg.jpg?t=1281751993
281jpg.jpg?t=1281751649
Have a great weekend, Scott

Comments

• SSN686SSN686 Posts: 3,142
    Morning Scotty:

MIGHTY FINE looking steak...tri tip is definitely the way to go...when you can find it. Our local Publix hasn't had any in quite a while.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• These two were just packaged and sitting out. It was a sign Jay!
  • SSN686SSN686 Posts: 3,142
    Morning Scotty:

I always look when I'm there and grab all I see when they do have some. Maybe next time I'm there I'll find one.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• I usually have to ask. This is the first time that I have seen them out.
  • That's a fine looking steak there! I cooked tri tip for the first time on the egg last night and it was probably my best ever. What temp did you cook it at? I did it at 325 for internal temp of 140. Sounds like I'm lucky here in California, tri tip is available everywhere all the time. My steak of choice for feeding a crowd.

-Jerry
  • Thanks. My cook was similar, 375 til internal 145 on the small one and 135 on the big one. It's such good beef! Scott
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    Because they have ribeyes!!!Love the WEDGE! ;) It all looks YUMMEEEE! :)
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    I like the wing sause idea!! Got to try that.
  • fire eggerfire egger Posts: 1,124
    that looks good! Tri tips are hard to find here, but occasionly we get lucky. they are a fine steak.
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Interesting, wing sauce. Have a tri tip in the fridge for tomorrow, may have to give that a try. As Sonoma Joe said, we are very lucky here in Ca. Tri tip is always available and often on sale.
  • There was something about the sauce & beef combo that made for an unbelievable aroma when I put it on the egg. Add in the smell of a little mesquite, and everyone in my family commented when they waled out on the deck "That smells awesome"
    Scyy