Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pumpkin Seeds

Options
Crab leg
Crab leg Posts: 291
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here we go again, let me be the first to ask how you guys how to clean and or prepare the nasty gunk that comes out of the pumpkins and transforms into a tasty treat. Wash, no wash...salt first, or not, oil or no oil, etc... Someone please point me in the right direction so I can produce some goos pumpkin seeds this year. Thanks.
Seth

Comments

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    Crab Leg,
    Pumpkin Seeds do require a little work but are worth the effort. After you clean the gunk out of the pumpkin, the seeds can be separated from the orange stuff just by squeezing in you hand. Shoot the seed into a strainer and keep the pulp in your hand. After that wash the seeds until they are clean.
    Next apply a generous coating of Tsunami Spin Rub and spread the seeds out in a single layer. Roast at 325 for about 10 minutes. Allow to cool and enjoy.[p]Hope this helps,
    RhumAndJerk[p]

• BBQ Bob Trudnak
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,
    Yup, That is exactly what i did with your seeds at Octoberfest and they came out fantastic. Thanks for the seeds man[p]BBQ Bob

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    BBQ Bob Trudnak,
    Thanks for cooking them!
    R&J

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,
    When you say roast, do you mean indirect or direct. What do you cook them on (pan) and any type of oil.[p]CWM