Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dallas Area Dealers?

Options
BurntRaw
BurntRaw Posts: 565
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My kid lives in Frisco TX (outside of Dallas somewhere) and is getting married in October. Although not on any registry I though a BGE would be the perfect gift (apparently the $2000 airline ticket I just bought for their honeymoon trip doesn't count - who knew?).

Any Dallas area folks know of a reputable dealer that I can work with? I checked the BGE zip code thing and found a couple of pool places and my favorite - that Galore place(s).

Any Dallas area inside egg-er tips would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    BBQ Outfitters has a store in Southlake. Their main store in Austin sponsors the Texas Eggfest every year.

2366 Northwest Pkwy
    Southlake, TX 76092

TJV probably knows of a good BGE dealer.

Spring "Never Been There" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Give Alec Cartwright a call at Elliott's Hardware.
    I met him at the Plano event last year.
    Very nice guy. I'm sure he would help in any way.
    Phone # 972-312-0700.
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    Darian is right. I bought 3 of my eggs from Alec. Elliotts Hardware helped put on the Plano Outlaw Gathering last year. He's the leading Egg dealer in North Texas. The store carries anything you need for an egg. Best prices, too. ;) Not far from Frisco, either. tjv often pops in :)
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I second Darian's post. Real nice people.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Steve . . . check yer email!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Di
    Di Posts: 395
    Options
    Elliott's Hardware has the best prices. I personally go to the Plano location. The guy in charge of the grill area is an egghead and really knows his stuff.
  • BurntRaw
    BurntRaw Posts: 565
    Options
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    Loco, check yours!..BTW, 214-785-9102 ...anytime.
  • Clavin
    Clavin Posts: 91
    Options
    I bought mine at Elliots Hardware in Plano.

Its a really great store where customer service is outstanding.