Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Brisket

Options
smoker62
smoker62 Posts: 80
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I bought a 16# brisket and trimmed about 3-4 # hard fat . Left a good 1/4" on the cap side. Coated with yellow mustard cut with some worchestershire and then covered in BBBR. I have it in the fridge now. I would like it to be done about 3 tomorrow afternoon. What time should I put it on? I figure enjoy the flat while the point goes back on and have that later in the day or save if no one is hungry. I figure about 9-10 pm at 220 grid. I have a Diqi-q so should be good.

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I would say 7-8 pm would be a pretty good starting time. Being done early is much better than late. Larger briskets trend more toward an hour per pound than 1.5 hours.

You can always lower or raise the temp first thing in the morning to try and hit your target time of 2pm. Let it rest an hour or two before carving and you'll be happier with it.

Don't freak when it climbs to 140 or so in a couple hours (it will). Just go with the flow. It will climb very slowly from there until the finish.