Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A few different peppers

Options
Firetruck
Firetruck Posts: 2,679
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The other day I asked about other peppers to make abt's with that were not so hot. I got several responses and suggestions...thanks. Tonight I bought some jalepenos, anaheim chili, and a pablano. I searched for a corer but had no luck so I improvised and took some fancy cutting thing I bought at walmart out to the vise and took a hammer to it. Bottom line...it worked pretty good.

I browned 1/2 pound of Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage and mixed it with 8 oz of cream cheese and stuffed all the peppers. I put them on the large, raised over the plate setter. About 300 degrees with a chunk of hickory for about an hour.

So far I've eaten a bite of each and none are hot. Maybe spending the extra time getting the peppers cleaned out is the trick to a mild delicious appetizer.

BTW I got a little too much smoke in them but they are still good.

IMG_3308.jpg

Comments