Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Chicken and Pork Stuffed Poblano Boats

Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
edited 4:32AM in EggHead Forum
Been on sort of a Mexican food/pepper binge lately. Made two types of stuffing on Saturday. One with ground chicken breast and one with ground pork. Each contained portions of the poblano, plus green chilis, mushrooms, black olives, onions, garlic, and seasonings. Naturally the stuffings were cooked prior to adding to the boats. Topped with queso quesadilla prior to grilling, then topped with a ranchero sauce. Leftover meat mixture went to spaghetti topping on Sunday. Gotta be my favorite pepper. Sure wish they would grow successfully here.

Mike

stuffedpoblanos001.jpg

stuffedpoblanos003.jpg

stuffedpoblanos006.jpg

stuffedpoblanos008.jpg

stuffedpoblanos013.jpg

stuffedpoblanos015.jpg

stuffedpoblanos018.jpg

stuffedpoblanos020.jpg

stuffedpoblanos023.jpg

070-2.jpg

Comments

• you've got great skills
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    I'm with ya til the last pic, looks like a plate of sketty. -RP
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    :blush: Thanks, Man. No more than you.
    Read up. ;)
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    My bad. :blush:-RP
  • rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    Looking very tasty I have four on my plant almost ready(Looks like they will be stuffed this week!

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • thechief96thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    I stuffed those once. They came out ok. Your's look much better than mine. Guess I'll just have to "practice". :laugh:
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,644
    Once more "you knocked it out of the park" :lol:
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

Thinking of you with the chicken. ;)
  • That looks really really good
  • EggsakleyEggsakley Posts: 1,017
    Beautiful lookin grub. Nice photography on the orange plate with the pobs. I'm makin it. Thanks for the idea.
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,393
    LR, that is one tasty cook. Looks as if we have something in common besides a friend or two......poblano peppers are my favorite pepper (with Hatch a close second)! :)
    Knew I liked you. ;)