Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Italian Sausage and Brisket Sliders...

DrZaiusDrZaius Posts: 1,481
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I decided to cook a dish that I served at Vidalia1's gathering this past weekend. It is Italian Sausage and Brisket Sliders.

Here we go!

Combine equal parts of Italian Sausage (casing's removed)with Ground Brisket. I double ground the Brisket on Vidalia1's recommendation and the texture was perfect...
DSC07320.jpg

Make into small balls and then place between two squares of wax paper and squish with a pot or something heavy. The great thing is they are perfect from freezing as well this way...
DSC07322.jpg

DSC07323.jpg

DSC07324.jpg

DSC07326.jpg

DSC07327.jpg

Heat up your CI and make sure you have a little pan seasoning meat for the onions and peppers...

DSC07329.jpg

DSC07330.jpg

Add the peppers and onions and cook them 15 to 20 minutes then you can start cooking the sliders...
DSC07331.jpg

DSC07332.jpg

DSC07333.jpg

DSC07334.jpg

DONE!!!!of course Kings Hawaiian is the only way to go...
DSC07338.jpg

DSC07339.jpg
This is the greatest signature EVAR!
·

Comments

• FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    And served on the fine china.

Excellent choice of animal products, fine sir.
    ·
  • Well done you DAMN DIRTY APE!!!

Sorry, I've been holding that in since I first read your handle. If you have a problem with it you can pry those sliders from my cold dead hand!
    ·
  • rockytopscrockytopsc Posts: 856
    Those were mighty tasty!!!
    ·
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    they were really good the other day!!

i got a really good picture of them...

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • DrZaiusDrZaius Posts: 1,481
    FYI for all you Mfer's out there. I have just completed my hotel reservations and tickets for the fest this year. :evil: HAHAHHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHA :evil:

Now everyone has plenty of time to pick up those pesky antibiotics! :P :P :P :P
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    I didn't get to try one because Doug cooks so dang slow.
    ·
  • DrZaiusDrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Fidel wrote:
    I didn't get to try one because Doug cooks so dang slow.

That may be true. Your picture was a big hit with Terry though. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,796
    That looks like a party on a bun :) Would have to be a good thing for a bunch of people..
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    or burn ointment in my case :pinch:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    LAWDAMERCEY! Dat's a KEEPER! Thanks for da post. :)
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Thanks that's a keeper. :P Tim
    ·
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,837
    I love this Forum :P Just when you think you've seen it all...
    ·
  • masoneggmasonegg Posts: 20
    me too
    ·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Now those were really tasty...I have to make those myself real soon... :)
    ·