Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Pizza stone size - small and mini

cookingdude555cookingdude555 Posts: 740
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have really gotten into pizza the last few weeks on the egg. My medium and small eggs have become pizza ovens most of the time. But I only have a medium stone, and they share that one stone. Also, although the great mates work pretty good on the small, I want to try a smaller stone on the small. I have a friend coming over tomorrow, and since he is a tile setter, and has tons of tile saw options, he said he can make some perfect smaller diameter stones from some older stones I dont use anymore.

Here is my question, what size stone do you all think would work on the small when used with the platesetter and green feet (setup like the med/lrg/xl)? I was thinking I would make a 11" diameter stone out of the 16" stone that I dont use anymore. Too big? Go for 10.5" or 10"?

My next question is for the mini. I have another stone and wanted to create one for the mini. Is 8" the recommendation?

I will take some pics of the stone destruction/creation tomorrow morning, but you night owl eggers need to give me your size recommendations! Thanks! :woohoo:

John - SLC, UT

Webers, Eggs, Bubba Keg

Comments