Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cleaning

Bubba's dad
Bubba's dad Posts: 97
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have been using my Shop Vac to clean out my Big Green Egg - does anyone see a problem with this method? It just seems a little less messy.

Thanks

Comments

• sweeping with a dust broom out the bottom vent works just as well in most cases. JMHO
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    I use a vac once in a blue moon. Today in fact - a failed experiment. Mostly, I use the ash tool. Vac is fine - as long as you're sure the coals are cold.

But then, I rarely clean my grid either. haha It's just a grill and I refuse to be anal about it. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    I have an old shop vac that has become my dedicated egg cleaner. I use it all the time and never have a problem. Mine is the kind that was made with the paperbag filter that slides over the foam one. After 3 or 4 uses I have to take it out of the drum and knock the ash off the filter because it is so fine it reduces the suction, but other than that it works great. :)

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • I do the same thing.... It works really well.