Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Bob's "Beast"

golferguygolferguy Posts: 4
edited 3:26PM in EGG Table Forum
Here is my XL BGE with custom cabinet

MyBGE.jpg

Comments

• Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Looks good.
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Looks great...is the XL sitting on a paver stone and on some BGE feet for airflow??? I hope so as that sucker must be a b*^ch to move...
  • golferguygolferguy Posts: 4
    Hi Kim, I did not get any feet so it is sitting on 2 paver stones. I hope the 4 inches of concrete will stop the heat. I also heard that the feet make the XL unstable. And yes it is a B~tch to move! The egg is not going anywhere and the concrete friendly wheels on the cabinet work nicely.

Thanks for your comments, Bob
  • That is really nice
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    They do not ship feet with the Xl's. Too much weight for them is my understanding. ;)

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • CobraCobra Posts: 110
    Very nice.

As fas as the XL on feet, when I posted a pic of my table with the XL on feet, it was questioned. So in response I asked the question on here, and emailed Big Green Egg directly. Consensus says no feet for the XL. BGE's response was no feet under the XL, he said basically there not saying it will break, but their opinion is it could break, so why chance it.

If you question the pavers, you could always use fire brick. I believe that they are designed to insulate better, but they might cost a little more.
  • golferguygolferguy Posts: 4
    Thanks! and for the feet clarification
  • thechief96thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Nice looking table.
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • Very nice table, what kind of wood is that? Pretty sweet!
  • Thanks! The wood is cabinet grade birch plywood with curly maple trim pieces. My wife was quite surprised I was putting this beautiful piece of furniture outside! I put 4 coats of marine spar varnish and she made quite a nice cover for the whole thing.
  • That is a really nice table