Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

desktop background

tjvtjv Posts: 3,298
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just wondering how many folks use a cooking picture as their desktop background picture. Ya know, the picture that is behind all the icons on your main computer screen. If so, whatcha using.

I never really gave it much thought till this morning, as my background pic is the one that came with the computer. t
www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
·

Comments

• RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Morning Tom,

I nabbed this one from the forum and just love it. Still wondering who was in charge of the 8th egg tho.
    DSC_0078.jpg
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    The pic that came with the computer, how original! I use this one of my granddaughter with a foal just several hours old. -RP

RileyandOscar0006.jpg
    ·
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,493
    my favourite from Toronto Egg Fest in June 2010.
    skyline1.jpg
    canuckland
    ·
  • Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,672
    I've used this one for a long time.

HotlipsChickenLighter.jpg

Spring "Come On Baby Light My Fire" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
    ·
  • walruseggerwalrusegger Posts: 313
    Sunset over Manteo in the Outer Banks (where I'll be in 48 hours!). Not egg related, but it's nice and relaxing to look at when I'm at work and stressed!

sunsetobx.jpg
    ·
  • Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    This is what I use, the are the Ward Charcoal ovens in Nevada, I took this on our last cross country drive.
    Kilns.jpg
    ·
  • At work - My boat

boatcrop-1.jpg

At Home - My hounds

IMG_0498.jpg
    ·
  • Gator Bait Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

This was hanging over my egg the other night, now it hangs on my desktop.

DSC_6234A_1024.jpg

·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Blair,

I nabbed that one too and it's on my phones desktop. :) please don't press charges. :pinch:

What's with all the long straight lines coming from that big crater? Runways?
    ·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Looking up at the Capitol dome from the inside, Austin, TX

capitoldome.jpg

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • CecilCecil Posts: 771
    9 times out if 10 I do, meatloaf is one of my favorites. I have used pics posted here (a couple of years ago there was a picture of heads inside eggs as if they were being cooked). Currently I have my son and his baseball coach.

Walt
    ·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,787
    This will cook anything you desire Feb 09/2010 last night launch of the shuttle program.

space-shuttle-launch-endeavour-last-night-launch_12727_600x450.jpg
    ·
  • rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    This is our stress relief a weekend at the beach cottage and a great sunset over Laguna Beach.
    January2010034.jpg

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
    ·
  • Gator Bait Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Hahahahaha, Glad you like it Adam, feel free to use it for your personal use. Commercial use will incur royalties to cover new equiptment and repairs. ;) :lol:

Blair

·
  • WooDoggiesWooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    globe_west_20481.jpg

This earth rise from Nasa's Blue Marble Project is the current desktop photo.

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/BlueMarble/BlueMarble_2002.php

Usually switch out Hubble Space Telescope shots every couple weeks but this earth photo is spectacular on a 24" screen and will stay up for a while.... fun thread!

john
    ·
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    My Grandson Braden with our small egg. He knows good stuff comes out of there now :)
    bradyegg.jpg
    ·
  • DavekatzDavekatz Posts: 761
    Not cooking related, but from our trip to Nevis:

803812820_zhxu5-X3.jpg
    Food & Fire - The carnivorous ramblings of a gluten-free grill geek.
    ·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    I want your glass negatives in 20 years. :laugh:

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    incredible Blair.... I would love that on mine..
    ·
    That launch was to commemorate my birthday :)
    ·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,787
    Congratulation on the birthday. Unfortunately they are stopping the shuttle next year and about 9000 jobs are at stake here in Brevard county. OUCH!!
    ·
  • Thanks, Dave
    wonderful photo journal and narrative on Nevis!!
    met some folks from St. Kitts and surrounding islands back in April...very nice people
    never knew our founding fathers had Carribean roots :)
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 14,722
    my two aren't cooking related either, but favorites of ours when we got the new puppy and big brother wasn't sure about sharing toys yet!

IMG_1652.jpg

IMG_1473.jpg
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
    The American space program is in for a big change. Hopefully Obama will change his mind and get us back to what we should be doing in space. My daughter worked for NASA in Florida for years, she pulled maintenance on the Shuttle OHMS engines.
    ·
  • DavekatzDavekatz Posts: 761
    Thanks! Yep, they are some great folks down there.
    Food & Fire - The carnivorous ramblings of a gluten-free grill geek.
    ·
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,348
    This one seemed appropriate...

EggNebula.jpg
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 7,793
    I change mine fairly often. Here's one of my favorites...

4043442366_f4aa8f779a_b.jpg
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

"Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain
    ·
  • That Nikon D90 is digital, you better keep poking around garage sales for Ansel Adams negatives :p
    ·
  • SSN686SSN686 Posts: 2,953
    Morning Tom:

My desktop is a picture of all five of my grandchildren, but my screen saver is a series of pictures of BGE cooks & setups. Most people don't like it when I am away from the compture long enough for the screen saver to start since it makes everyone hungry!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

·
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,348
    Just one part of the plan to fundamentally transform America..
    ·