Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Pittsburg Style Steak

joe@bgejoe@bge Posts: 394
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was recently on vacation and we went to a steakhouse in SC for dinner. The chef was offering an option to have your steak prepared Pittsburg style which was totally new to me. The method he used was grilling your steak to your desired temp, but pulling it off the grill prior to reaching to final temp, then coating both sides with sugar and searing on a flat-iron skillet to char/carmelize the outside leaving it pinkin the middle. The steak was amazing. This was one of the first steaks that I have had at a restaurant that compare to the ones I make since getting the Egg. Needless to say, I just bought the half-moon cast iron griddle for my large and I am going to try this this weekend! Anyone else have any Pittsburg style recipes?

Joe

Comments