Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Buddy Lawn...thought you like to see this!

Options
Chubby
Chubby Posts: 2,955
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm not sure you ever saw your "handy work" after I did the grinding on the metalwork..and got it to mount to the band assembly!!

While I was at it, I took off the bands...did a little steel wooling...and then painted the whole thing with the hi temp coating used on the GrateMates.

Put the whole thing...(sans wood) in the oven for an hour @ 400...and presto!

With the handle added. (below) and a couple coats of the finish you sent me home with, really very... verry nice!!

a7e7110b.jpg

Ann thinks it/she's just the coolest with this!!

You should'a seen her showing it off to her Mom over the 4'th!!

"Her" Mini...(customized by the One & Only Lawn Ranger)...complete with "Her" own handle!!

Somewhere as I drove off I heard them both exclaim...

"Oh Lawn Ranger...You're the King"!!

:lol:
I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    What are those little "cushions" around the ring that the egg actually contacts?????? That looks like a fantastic idea...
  • Chubby
    Options
    Just took some of the origonal hi-temp gasket they had out a few years back...wrapped it around in a few places, and taped it with some hi temp automotive/electrical tape.

Not fancy...but it gets the job done!

Left you two a message this morning.. glad to see you're up and running!
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Wess good catch! Good eye....
    Evans why have you not told the world?
    Will do that this weekend.
    Going back in the shop, we should have some high temp tape somewhere.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• BurntRaw
    BurntRaw Posts: 565
    Options
    Beautiful; just absolutely beautiful. Great work.

Umm...I thought Elvis was the king? Are there two now?
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Very nice Evan...I know Ann is proud of it.
    Larry
  • mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 780
    Options
    very nice

mr toad
    See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • Chubby
    Options
    Heck...

I say..."Honey, you care if I fire up the Mini"?

Here's what I get!!

P10100952.jpg

:woohoo:
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Done...Thank you for that wonderful idea...what I used was some of the original self adhesive gasket material, cut it to length and stuck it right to the ring in 4 places, not sure how long it will hold up...but definately a much more solid feel to the mini now...left a vm on your cell..
  • Chubby
    Options
    In thinking once you heat that gasket up...(even though i wraped mine)...the heat should fuse it together.

Maybe carefully position the end...right under the "contact patch" on the inside...(where the egg hits it) and a couple cooks later and it shouldn't come off i wouldn't think.

Evans
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Acknowledged, noted, and logged. Roger Wilco, over and under.

LR...Out...
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Now that is funny.

Larry