Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks for the 'ignore' feature

Options
Humphrey Chimpden Earwicker
edited November -1 in Forum Feedback
works great. it killed that post of Little Chef's all the way back to the three registered members, given that the rest of it was a group of replies to anonymous posters...

only collateral i can see right now is zip and sundown, who often post when not logged in. I occasionally post from the iPhone and got into a habit of not signing in with it, but can easily log in from now on.

i think this will go a long way to stopping the abuse. take away the audience, and it becomes one person dancing in front of a mirror in his underwear singing into a hairbrush. sure, there's always the ability to re-register and getting in that way, but after a few smack downs, the game will get old

thanks again.

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I couldn't agree more! Thank you!!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Humphrey Chimpden Earwicker
    Options
    although i think it will also kill off "dipstick". did he ever register? he's been around forever. posted tonight, too.
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    at this point,I say..putup or shad'yup!

It's a step anyway!

I'll miss all your Lil' "Friendies" Stike!

:P
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Options
    I think it will work to cut down on the "crap" that has been screwing up the board the last month or so. I have refused to participate in all of that.

The only drawback I see is when newbies or wannabees post with questions, but they can just register, I guess. I usually tell new egg owners or prospective ones to be sure and register, since the cookbook and other features will open up to registered people.

THANKS, WMK !
  • Humphrey Chimpden Earwicker
    Options
    newbis can still post anonymously. they just won't get as many views. the mods can see them anyway, so if it's a 'feedback' or tech issue, they should not see a difference.
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    An anon can create a thread and we will all see it. I believe. Regarding posts inside a thread, you won't, and anyone else who responds to the anon will not be seen. With the exception to the short time a 'new' post is at the very top 'Last Posting'. Then if a registered member replies to the said anon, again, you'll only see it for the short time that it is at the very top as 'Last Posting'. This testing was all done in classic view. I think it's brilliant. :)
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    seems to me old dave tried to register but couldnt, i know it took about a year to register before i could then since then i think ive only had to log on once or twice :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    Options
    Personally if I can't do it on a one to one basis I don't see much usefulness. I see way more anonymous posts from legit newbies then trolls. I would also like to be able to block registered users that troll. They can be way more annoying.
  • WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Options
    Hungry Joe,

There's no reliable way to block "on a one to one basis".

This is true at least for non-members since they can post as anything they like.

I've considered adding an "ignore" for specific members as well, but this requires also providing screens to maintain the list of ignored members; so, it's not so easy as a simple checkbox in the profile.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    hahaha...can we just give you a list? :lol:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut