Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

Lamb Pie

gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,279
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I had some ground lamb, and wanted to make something different than lamburgers. Here's what I came up with. Took the ground lamb, and added gremolata (chopped garlic, parsley, and lemon zest) and pressed it into a pie plate. Onto the Egg, dome 350-ish, direct, raised. The pick is after the pattie had cooked to about 115, and I had poured off the rendered fat.

LambBase.jpg

While it was cooking, I mixed some leftover mashed taters with an onion/garlic confit. I spread that as a topping over the lamb.

PotatoTopping.jpg

When that was a little browned, I topped it with grated parmesan, which browned up nicely.

ParmaBrown.jpg

By this time, the internal temp of the lamb was up to 160, and I figured that although ground, it was most likely safe.

Cut it into pie wedges, and me and wife ate it all up.

PieCut.jpg

Overall, pretty good. I thought that the lemon flavor did not go really well with the very savory flavor of the garlic and onion from the confit. Next time I might try a bit of red wine in the lamb, and leave out the lemon. Also, the bottom was just a little burnt. Might leave a bit more of the juices and fat in the pan, and maybe go indirect.

Comments