Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Sauces...Refrigerate after opening?

DeckhandDeckhand Posts: 318
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I read the thread on refrigerating ketchup and the consensus was that there was no need to refrigerate it. What about sauces? I checked the labels on all 16 bottles of sauce on my shelf and ALL of them say to refrigerate after opening... but then the ketchup bottle says "For best results, refrigerate after opening" I always kept my sauces in the refrigerator until I read the thread about ketchup. Then I moved them (except for the Blues Hog, which I like thick) to a shelf. Do I need to move them back to the fridge? (Please say "No" to prevent a refrigerator turf war)...
·

Comments

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    If they say to refrigerate, that's what I do. -RP
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,450
    After that post moved ketchup to pantry and it kept ending up back in the fridge????? Just 2 of us at the house and she says it not her??????(Also, she eats very little ketchup)

My 2cents would be: ALL of them say to refrigerate after opening... but then the ketchup bottle says "For best results, refrigerate after opening"
    Thinking the ketchup is in fridge (other than my putting it there for no good reason)is like the postings on sauce that they will do better cold.
    But if "refrigerate after opening" should go cold and I will keep it in fridge.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • milesofsmilesmilesofsmiles Posts: 1,332
    Cold ketchup makes your steak taste better. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    ·
  • EggHeadFredEggHeadFred Posts: 117
    There is a website called Stilltasty.com Check it out.
    Fred V.
    Smyrna,Ga.
    ·
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,348
    I keep all my condominiums in fridge. I think they are safer that way... Good luck~~
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 7,565
    Ketchup? On steak? You will surely be BANNED any minute now!!

:laugh: :laugh:
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

"Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain
    ·
  • Boilermaker BenBoilermaker Ben Posts: 1,956
    nyuk nyuk nyuk.
    ·
  • DeckhandDeckhand Posts: 318
    Thanks for the input. The website was useful EHF. I'll clear a space in the frige but I won't worry if I leave a bottle out for a day or two... particularly if it's one I'll use up quickly. Hmm...a mini frige just for sauce. Or a bigger mini frige for sause and beer? And someplace to age meat... Might end up with a refrigerator on the porch!
    ·
  • CecilCecil Posts: 771
    You get double points if it on the FRONT porch!
    ·
  • NC-CDNNC-CDN Posts: 703
    EggHeadFred wrote:
    There is a website called Stilltasty.com Check it out.

Yeah this. Ketchup in the pantry? Yikes.
    ·
  • I have always wondered the same thing since I go into Sonny's etc. and the sauces are just sitting on the table at room temp? Maybe they are filled cold in morning and they are good for the day since they will be consumed within hours. It is confusing considering what is on all the BBQ sauce bottles about refrigeration.
    BGE'er since 1996
    Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,392
    mines in the fridge, but this time of year a bottle doesnt last all that long, i dont see a problem leaving it out for a few weeks while its consumed. the fridge aint the answer either if you dont use much,ive seen it mold after a few months in the fridge
    ·