Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Car Wash Mike Ribs attempt

Options
chumdog
chumdog Posts: 39
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I never had the oportunity to talk or chat with CWM in this forum and from what I have heard, this is my loss. I have had my egg for a few days and have been taking baby steps. Today I tried my first attemot at ribs. From what I have heard, CWM's ribs are the ones to go with. I should preface this by saying that I am a total novice to this. I had two racks of baby backs that were frozen for about a week and a half and then thawed for two days. I followed everything to a T. The only problem I had was getting the temps to around 225 in the 3rd hour. I battled it a little and it hovered around 250-275. The ribs were delicious, however, they were a little "chewy" for lack of a better term. They seemed to be moist enough and had a great taste, but the consistency was just not what I thought they should be. Unfortunately for my mommma, the chicken I cooked after the ribs were good enough to be considered "slap yo mamma". Thanks in advance guys!!

Comments