Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Carbondale, IL Results

Options
sprinter
sprinter Posts: 1,188
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Weather was great, cooks were great, organizers were great, and overall it was an awesome weekend for a cookoff. Only 12 teams competed but the contest is in a small location and they limit the number of teams due to size restrictions in the cookoff area.[p]3rd Place - Beaucoup Basters
Reserve GC - Smokin T's (HEY, thats ME!!)
Grand Champ - Bar B Quau[p]We took second in pork and third in brisket. Nice to get called up on stage, a first for us.[p]Troy

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Congrats Troy! Reserve CHAMPION! Shoot, you are on your way to the big time at this rate. Trophy pictures??[p]I been seeing the Bar B Quau name often. They are hot. [p]Way to go!
    Chris
    We are gonna do our best to get out to your gig next year in Mt Vernon.

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Hey Chris,[p]Didnt bring the camera, never even thought I'd need it. The organizers have some pics that they are going to forward to us, I'll show you after that. Its a small contest but it was still nice to have your name called a few times and the cash isnt bad either.[p]Mike and Beth of Bar Quau are hotter than hot now. They cooked Mt. Vernon the first year then we moved the date of the contest to the same date as the big Pork BBQlossal in Iowa and they cook that every year. He WON that this year by the way, not sure how many teams but it was a bunch. Both of them are great folks and VERY eager to share and help. It was nice to be able to talk to them a bit over the weekend.[p]Good luck at the Royal.[p]Troy
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    sprinter,[p]Way to go! Congratulations!!
  • JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    Nice showing, Troy!!! Congrats![p]Jim