Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Brisket

Options
Outlaw
Outlaw Posts: 11
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yesterday while in W/M, I picked up an 11 lb. packer brisket for $1.29 per lb. I marinated it overnight in something I had on hand called Gold Buckle Brisket Sauce out of Paris, Tx. Today I put her on the egg and roughly followed the directions posted by Nature Boy from the Eggfest 2000.
After attaining an internal of 185 in about 5 hours, wrapped and put in cooler for about 2 hours, then sliced very thin.
The flat was a liitle dry, similar to an overcooked London broil. The tip and cap was more moist naturally, being thicker and fat covered. Like two different cuts of meat.
Not knowing what kind of sauce would compliment a brisket, I tried an old Jack Daniels one that turned out pretty good. The recipe line for JD called for 1/2 cup to 1 gallon. Dot interpreted this to mean 1/2 cup JD to a gallon of sause and I thought it meant between 1/2 cup and a gallon of JD based on your own desire. Anyway, we compromised and the sauce was very good.
I would like some input on what to do at this point. Do I put the meat in a pot and add the bbq sauce and heat for sandwiches, or do I make the sandwiches and pour the sauce over it, or do I do something else.
I am aware that there are a many experts on this site who are very helpful to us novices, but I would appreciate some advice from authentic Texans because I want to know how y'all do it.[p]Thanks,[p]Outlaw

Comments