Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Fresh or Frozen

LoveHandlesLoveHandles Posts: 156
edited 11:04PM in EggHead Forum
Living in the AZ. desert, our choice of meats for competition is slim. Do you think a frozen and thawed brisket that was either grass or corn fed would be better than the fresh certified angus brisket we can get. Once again, we're talking for BBQ competition here. Thanks for your help

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Mike, I can't say about grass or corn fed, but beef doesn't seem to suffer at all from being frozen. -RP
  • LoveHandlesLoveHandles Posts: 156
    I've got a chance to get some "home growm" beef when I go to Sturgis S.D next month. I've had some before, and it was real good, but never really thought about freezing it for later. Trying to find a way to improve our competition brisket. See-Yaa
  • RRPRRP Posts: 16,805
    Hey Mike - you've been MIA for a while! How's the world treating you and how's the BGE biz? Sturgis, huh, now I wonder why you would be going there! :laugh: You riding the whole way from AZ or trucken it?
    Dunlap, IL
    Takin the R.V and working at Rapid City Harley Davidson trying to sell paint jobs. People take their parts off and send them to us for custom paint and we send them back. Staying at a buddys horse ranch and cooking on eggs every day when I get off work. Use to ride there every year, but hard to get all my displays there on the bike. Plenty of other rides though. BGE business doing ok. Hope you're doing well
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    I hear you Arizona Eggers can turn shoe leather into a gourmet meal. ;)

I don't think you'll lose a step with the frozen one.

Gonna pick up a couple in SD and bring them back. If they turn out good, we'll use one for the Mesquite NV competition. Cooked a brisket the other day out here in AZ and never had to light the lump. Just Kiddin-- See Yaa