Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Maverick Must be Busted

Options
Fidel
Fidel Posts: 10,172
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm cooking a brisket today and the pit temp has been pegged at 260&deg all day long.

The meat temp has slowly climbed from 38&deg to 167&deg over about 7 hours or so. About 30 minutes later I checked the Maverick and the meat temp read 164&deg - I was amazed since I learned yesterday that it is physically impossible for the meat temp to drop. I know no one was outside messing with the egg, the dome had not been lifted, and the meat probe certainly had not been moved, and the dome temp still read 260&deg so it piqued my curiosity. Then ten minutes later I checked again and it was only 163&deg so I was afraid my fire went out. As of my last check the temp has climbed back and it is 168&deg and seems to be well on its way toward a finish.

Now either this is normal, or this brisket seems to break the laws of the universe in which case someone better call the Ripley's Museum and the Smithsonian and see if they are ready to start building the exhibit. I'll save them each a slice.

Comments