Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Tenderloins-Direct or Indirect

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have two pork tenderloins that I have had in Wicker's marinade overnight. I am going to cook them for the Titan's game today. Any recomendations on direct vs. indirect, dome temp, and internal temp?

Comments

• PG
    PG Posts: 50
    Options
    CG, I do mine direct at about 350 until an internal temp of about 152 and pull and let rest for 5-10 mins. While cooking I flip them every 10 minutes or so.....HTH.......Page

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    CG,
    Yep, direct at 350* for about 30 mins...flip mid way thru.[p]Excellent meal!

• PG,[p]I've never used a smoker and am looking through this page just trying to decide between a Cookshack, Big Green Egg, or Weber Smokey Mountain. But, now I'm curious. How do you determine what kind of meet needs a low and slow indirect and what kind needs a higher direct heat?
  • PapaQ
    PapaQ Posts: 170
    Options
    TJ,[p]Welcome to the BGE forum. If you want pulled pork, brisket, ribs, or other particularly fatty meats, cook low 'n slow. You can also do bread, jerky, pies, turkeys, and other things indirect. Think of the egg as an oven. You can do steaks, roasts, chicken, pork loins, pork tenderloins, shrimp, fish, pizza, vegetables, and lots of other things direct. There's a relatively low learning curve until you learn to cook almost anything on an egg. If you have something you want to cook, you can check the archieves and bet that someone has posted a recipe for it. If you can't find it, there are hundreds of others on the forum who have cooked whatever it is at least a couple of different ways. The versatility of the egg makes it the most wonderful tool you can own. You won't find that in the the other cookers you have in mind. [p]No matter the decision you make, hope to see you here often.[p]Paul[p]