Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking Baby Backs - Question

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So I'll be cooking some baby backs tomorrow and will be picking them up tonight. I'll be using some dizzy pig rub and probably finishing them off with some bone suckin sauce (half served wet, half dry).[p]My question is about the cook. How many of you put your ribs in foil/paper bag to rest? I'm having trouble finding a recipe for the BGE that uses that method. Do we need to with the BGE? I have a plate setter and a BBQ Guru that I just purchased, so I don't think low and slow is going to be a problem. I've done ribs in the past, but they've been on the slightly dry side.[p]Thanks for your help Eggers![p]-Kurt

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    KurtO,
    You can see my entire process for doing ribs on my website in the cooks section...by no means am I saying that my way is the only or best way..just hopefully giving a little insight into one way to do them..I personally feel my rib picumentary is well documented..feel free to ask any other questions you have...HTH[p]Wess

[ul][li]WessB`s[/ul]
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    WessB,
    By the way, if you visit WessB's website, don't miss the video on his Nascar driving experience at Lowe's Motor Speedway. Pretty neat!
    TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Toy Man
    Toy Man Posts: 416
    Options
    I think most rib cooks are now using an aluminum foil wrap rather than a paper bag - assuming they do any wrapping.[p]Toy Man
  • Doug
    Doug Posts: 132
    Options
    WessB,
    Great site! Instructions are clear and really helpful. Finally learned what ABT's are! Look great.

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    Thanks for the pointer...but I been there, and that video dont do the real thing ANY justice..LOL..ride a yer life baby..I`m goin for 160 mph next time...look forward to seein ya soon..[p]Wess

• SUCCESS![p]Thanks for your web page. It was very helpful. I think I now can remove the membrane easily.[p]The baby backs were a huge success. I used the 3/1/1.25 method (I think that's the ratio). We also tested out several BBQ sauces. While we thought that Stubbs, KC Masterpiece and Tony Roma's were good, the Bone Suckin' Sauce was a firm notch above the rest. Bone Suckin' is the one to beat at our house now.[p]Thanks Again!