Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Rainbow Trout meets the Big Green Egg

ravnhausravnhaus Posts: 311
edited 11:42PM in EggHead Forum
<p />Hoping to maintain a health heart I have recently been spending a little more time in the fish market. One of my favorite rediscoveries has been the rainbow trout. Even though our fish choices are many, I keep going back to this most delectable specimen.
A quick dish to prepare, it is perfect for those hectic weeknight meals.
If you haven't tried one lately, I would highly recommend giving it a try.
To see more click the link below.

[ul][li]Rainbow trout meets the Big Green Egg[/ul]

• ravnhaus,
    Beautiful! You've inspired me to seek out some trout for dinner tonight. If it stops raining long enough to light the Egg.

• ravnhaus,
    nothing better than that!

• cuppycuppy Posts: 12
    hey,looks real nice. how did u get them flattened out so nice on the grill. looks like you took the 'spine '? out.
    and if u did , how did u do it without a lot of fish bones sticking out. I did some whole trout on the grill but just cleaned and gutted .they came out good with a nice smokey flavor, but, WOW, YOURS look absolutely DEVINE, AND I WANT TO TRY IT 'YOUR WAY.

• cuppy,
    They came that way from the market.
    I got some last night from an inferior market (hey, they were cheaper), they were not deboned, and to top that off, when I took my first bite they weren't any good. I had to throw them away and cook an emergency sirloin.[p]Note to self: Smell the fish before buying it!