Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eye of Round Roast

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi Folks,[p]I was wondering if anyone might have some suggestions on the cooking of a 5 # Eye of Round. Does brining, then marinade go well with this type of meat? I would like to serve this at a dinner party for about six people. I would very much appreciate your collective thoughts. I use a large BGE, had it for about six years, and love it!

Comments

• BostonBBQ
    Options
    John Welsh,
    I just recently did an eye round roast. I seared first then brought the egg down to around 400 and cooked for 55 minutes turning once. I pulled it when the temp was 130 and wrapped it in foil. The temperature increased by 15 degrees as it cooled making a little overdone for my taste but the meat was very juicy. Slice as thin as possible and serve. I wouldn't bother brining or marinating. I would just apply a rub to the outside of the meat. hope this helps
    -Joel

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Options
    BostonBBQ,
    Try one brined versus not; I think you'll find it's well worth the effort, especially if it gets a little past your goal temp, as you stated yours did.
    Just a simple brine of salt, brown sugar, onion, garlic, carrot and some herbs will make a world of difference; at least it has in my experience with cooking this particular cut. Well worth the time (let it brine 18-24 hrs) invested, IMO.
    Qfan

• BostonBBQ,[p]Thank you both for the information. I've brined chicken, turkey in the past, but have not tried it on a beef roast. So I'll give it a try, and let you know how it was received by my guests.