Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lasagna Rolls

Options
BENTE
BENTE Posts: 8,337
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
well thanks to ssn686 i came up with an idea to do while at the campground. it was my best tasting cook on campsite yet.

we went to our favorite campground Watsadler in Hartwell georgia. it is a small camprgound on hartwell lake at the dam. i did not take any site pictures because i figure ya'll are tired of those. but i did take some pictures of the cook

i made fresh pasta sheets and froze them. took them out of the freezer sat. i browned some hamburger and mixed it with some cheese. i rolled this mixture up in the pasta. put some sauce in the bottom of the dutch oven and loaded them in

Picture001.jpg

put more sauce in and topped it with cheese

Picture002.jpg

i ended up with two cups of cheese in the rolls and two cups on top. i also used two jars of sauce. then put them in the small indirect at 350 for an hour.

Picture004.jpg

and here is the plate shot

Picture006.jpg

notice the fine china and flatware :woohoo:

this was really good if i would have used store pasta it would have looked better but it would not have tasted near as good. i put some tsunami spin in the pasta i think it really puts fresh pasta over the top.

thanks for looking and

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

Comments

• pattikake
    pattikake Posts: 1,175
    Options
    Wow Great job, looking good.

Patti
    Wichita, KS
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Nice. It's like a pasta enchilada! That sounds like it was really really good. Thanks for the idea of putting Tsunami Spin in the pasta. Great idea!

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning Terry:

Glad to be able to be some inspiration...only thing is yours look a lot better than what ours did! Great looking cook!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• BENTE
    Options
    Mornin Jay

i disagree but i will take the complement ;)

it was really a good coook and pretty easy.. so i will be watching and stealing your ideas on my next campout ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    i made itialian enchiladas before only i used chicken :laugh: it was good but i could not feed enough people with it.. just had 9 at the campground :ohmy: and this did really well..

i used the tsunami spin before when me,poot,kim, rockytopsc, and dr zaius went camping at the begining of summer. it seemed to work well for all of them so i been using it. give it a "spin" next time you make pasta ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    thanks patti

the wife liked it so i figured i did a good job :laugh:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    sigh... :blush: a man who makes pasta.... :kiss: mine only eats it :P sticking that in the back of my mind looks great. share the pasta recipe?
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options

That looks awesome BENTE! Glad you didn't skimp on the cheese. :cheer:

Gator

• BENTE
    Options
    i just mix up some eggs (i do use more yolks than whites), add some olive oil, and the dp mix that all up in a bowl. then add pasta flour and bread flour. i just eyeball it. i learned not to measure it from watching alton brown make ravioli. the egg mixture will only take so much flour. when it all comes together i let it rest for 20 min at least. then i start the kneading process with the kitchen aid. i add more flour during this process...

i know i should be better at giving out recepies bt pasta has been a work in progress for years. the only thing i have in cement is don't use one of those hand crank pasta rollers. they will kill your arms..

the dp is just pour some out of the bottle into the eggs.

sorry this is not more discriptive B)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    oh yea if no one gives me specific directions on cheese i usually go with a heavy hand B)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    nope that is perfect.same way I cook LOL I know the feel the doughs needs to be so should be fine. So do yo hand roll? or have an electric roller?
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Man, that looks good. Throw in the fact that stuff ALWAYS tastes better when you are camping, and you musta been in heaven.

Beers brutha.
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • BENTE
    Options
    thanks mang.. if you look closley at the first shot you will see your imput into that cook :woohoo:

hope you are well

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    the kitchen aod one is the one i got

05-01-20102.jpg

had it 5 years but just got the hang of it 3 or so ago. then watched that good eats episode and the whole world changed ;)

here is the itialian enchiladas i mentioned earlier to faith

05-01-20104.jpg

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Di
    Di Posts: 395
    Options
    Ohhhh my.............my mouth is watering. It looks absolutely delicious.
  • BENTE
    Options
    thanks di

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    great looking camping dish :) cracks me up watching campers cooking hotdogs and hamburgers. never tire of the campsite water view shots ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    You can do those at any gathering or camp trip where I am in attendance...wooza... ;)B)
  • BENTE
    Options
    this one was the only one i took of the water

Picture003.jpg

yea i got the wife trained well enough to be able to do the burgers and dogs on the egg when i am not there. it is a start i am pretty happy about. now if i can train her as well as vidalia1 has his wife. :whistle:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    ok but you got to bring more bacon ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    thats a nice shot, i could stand there all day :)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • BENTE
    Options
    i could have also but i had a chair to sit in :laugh:

this one was proabably my favorite view from any of the site we have been on. it is a shot from the front door of my camper

3-8-104.jpg

we found this campground and it is really a smaller one. but smaller mean quieter ;)

that shot is almost as good as this one

100_0880.jpg

that was actually a shot taken by pork butt mike but my egg is the last one in the group shot

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    no problemo.... :)