Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Tonight on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives

Buster Dog BBQBuster Dog BBQ Posts: 1,366
edited 5:42AM in EggHead Forum
Smokin Guns in Kansas City will be on. One of my favorite places in the KC area and they also happen to make an excellent rub as well which is used buy a lot of very successful competition BBQ cooks.

Comments

• Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 12,859
    I like checking out Q joints, but if I watch, I will have to suffer through Guy Fieri - which virtually NEVER happens! :sick: :lol:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!

…Unknown

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    "triple douche" ;)

Do we know what time is comes on?
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    DVR set to episode #118, is that the right one?
    Thanks for the heads up!
  • Roll TideRoll Tide Posts: 505
    FWIW, Dr bbq will make a cameo on diners, drive in's and dives at smoking guns.
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    It was a great episode in my opinion. I just love all of the different techniques people use to create good food. I learned a few things that I will try in the future...always room to learn.. :)
  • ResQueResQue Posts: 1,045
    You gonna fry some smoked chicken?
    Eggsactly....smoke it on the BGE then deep fry it in the wok on the BGE...

smoked then fried...WOW... :)
    Yeah! :whistle: I still bet it taste really good. The lamb ribs looked really good too.
    I have got to try the technique for burnt ends & the turkey.... :P
    Oh yeah, the burnt ends looked awesome. I definitely need to try that one!
  • DenbbqDenbbq Posts: 84
    Great episode. Just ignore Fieri. Taped it to see if I can duplicate some of the rubs, they looked good.
    Agreed... :)
  • EgginDawgEgginDawg Posts: 747
    I guess it's my immaturity but I enjoy the show and Guy. Sure he has his stupid sayings and methods, but who doesn't? I commend him for his success in getting a show and earning a living. I've learned and seen a lot of things on his show that have been a benefit for me.
    Rest assured the next time I'm in an area that he has a restaurant I will stop in. Sometimes people take themselves WAY too seriously.