Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Pizza results

Options
redneck6497
redneck6497 Posts: 180
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So today was our annual "Fig Fest" where we hang out with another couple every year and make fig recipes. I thought it would also be a good time to make the first pizzas on the egg.

I have to i had help on a previous thread I started yesterday...lots of good info.

The pizzas did NOT look pretty (Not really sure what I did wrong there), but WOW did they taste good! The crust was thin and really crispy (but not burnt crispy)

I heated up the BGE stone at about 600 degrees for 45 minutes ... the only downside to that hot for that long is I burned a good bit of the charcoal I put in. So, my first pizza cooked at 600 for 7 minutes. The next pizza cooked at 550 for 10 min, and the 3rd pizza was at about 500 for 11 min. The charcoal really started to die on the last pizza (that was with the firebox about 1/2 full, and running at 600 for like 1hr. and 30 min or so. I used BGE charcoal.

the 3 pizzas made were
1) Margherita
2) Fig, Chevre, Balsamic Vinegar and Fig preserve
3) Fig Barbecue sauce, Prosciutto, figs, and mozarella

IMG_2010.jpg

IMG_2014.jpg

IMG_2034.jpg

IMG_2042.jpg

IMG_2023.jpg

Comments