Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Mad Max's Rolled Flank Steak

SqueezeSqueeze Posts: 707
edited 5:13AM in EggHead Forum
Not sure if many of your remember the Rolled Flank Steak kick Max was on a few years back. It seemed like he was rolling those things like he was in the 60's....Well, this weekend I decided to roll one up using his EGGtoberfest recipe from a while back. The only change I made was using my mom's Garlic Soy Marinade instead of his. HOLY COW!!! Those things are the bomb!! Not sure why I never tried these before, but if you have not tried one, look up that recipe, it is a keeper!!

-Kevin

Comments

• SSN686SSN686 Posts: 3,149
    Morning Kevin:

Thanks for reminding me of Max's Rolled Flank Steak. Haven't done one in quite a while and they were delish back when we did, so maybe add it to an upcoming menu soon! Glad to hear yours turned out so good!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• hi kevin,

you know, even i had gone a good year without making them until recently when my wife reminded me. .. .i just made them myself about a month, and like you, i had forgotten the "Wow" factor. ...your marinade sounds like a good one as well though. .. they have been a winner longer than i can remember . .. .way before i even had an egg or even a weber to cook them on. ..i used to make them in my oven!!