Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Carwash Mike Funeral Arrangements

Options
Little Chef
Little Chef Posts: 4,725
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just got off the phone with Mike's friend, Chip. (posted last night as pokerchips1). First, he expressed his appreciation for all the amazing and emotional posts this forum has shown in repect and appreciation for CarWash Mike. Family members have spent some time in the forum, and have been very touched by the tremendous outpouring.

Mikes services will be held on Monday, July 12

Visitation at 9:30 am:

Harman-Rohde Funeral Home
310 Fremont Street
Wathena, KS 66090

Funeral at 11:00 am:

St Josephs Catholic Church
Wathena, KS

Chip made sure Mikes family was aware of the plans for a Saturday photo memorial to Mike on the forum. They are VERY appreciative, and are truly looking forward to viewing it. They are eager to gather as many pictures of Mike they can! They think the "weekend rib tribute" is a great idea as well. So be sure to post your photos of Mike, and your rib cooks!

I asked Chip if there were additional foundations we could perhaps donate to, but he pretty much concluded that this forum, and it's members, his Car Wash, and his Restaurant "One Rib Short" were Mikes main interests. As Wise One posted earlier, a donation to Star Time Riders in Mike & Kaleighs name would be appropriate. http://startimeriders.org/
STAR TIME RIDERS INC
(c/o MARY B ADAMS)
18315 S WILMOTH RD
Pleasant Hill, MO 64080
Memorials at the funeral home would be welcomed as well.

For those who called Chip last evening, it was his intent to call everybody back. To lighten his load, I told him I would make sure you were all thanked, and advised of funeral fans via the forum so he did not have to make a ton of phone calls. From Chip and Mikes family, thank you all for your calls. They were truly appreciated.

A sad time for Eggheads to say the least.

Comments