Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rump Roast Help

Options
Dave
Dave Posts: 163
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey Gang:[p]I want to fix a Rump Roast in my Egg & want any help that I can get as far as the time involved & the internal temp when it's done.[p] Thanks
Dave[p]

Comments

• yaB
    yaB Posts: 137
    Options
    Dave,
    For medium rare, take it off the grill when internal temp hits 135º-140º. The temp will continue to rise a bit as the meat rests prior to slicing.[p]How big is the roast? The time will depend on the size of the roast, the internal temp when you start cooking, and the roasting temp at the Egg's grill. [p]You'll want to let the roast set at room temp, wrapped in Saran or in a plastic bag, for ½ hour or so before putting it in the Egg, so it's not right-out-of-the-refrigerator cold.[p]I haven't tried it yet, but many people sear their beef roasts on the Egg or stovetop prior to roasting them.[p]Good luck,
    Bob

• BostonBBQ
    Options
    Dave,
    I just recently did an eye round roast. I don't know if that is like the rump roast but they may be similar. I seared first then brought the egg down to around 400 and cooked for 55 minutes turning once. I pulled it when the temp was 130 and wrapped it in foil. The temperature increased by 15 degrees as it cooled making a little overdone for my taste but the meat was very juicy. hope this helps
    -Joel