Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza for Dinner Tonight

Options
Wazoo
Wazoo Posts: 150
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Cooked at 450 for 20 minutes. One side has string cheese rolled in the edge for the "stuffed crust" thing.

100_1237.jpg

Comments

• Grillin & Chillin
    Options
    Is that the nw Nomex gasket? I still have original 14 year old felt and was thinking of replacing with the Nomex.
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
  • Wazoo
    Wazoo Posts: 150
    Options
    Nope -- Rutland. My original felt lasted about 10 years. Go to Naked Whiz's web site and look at his analysis of the different gasket choices. I decided on the Rutland -- I'm not terribly active on this forum, but have been following it since I got my egg. Rutland has been discussed/used the whole time w/o negative issues that I have seen.

Funny thing is I got a mini in addition to my LBGE and w/in a year the felt gasket was a gonner on "tiny"...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Looks GREAT!! I have been toying with building a pizza oven, but I think that the BGE would be cheaper and do more for me. I guess I just need to give in to the force....

paulv
  • Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Options
    That pizza looks fantastic. Did you get a pic after you cut into it? I would love love to see the insides :)