Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Green Egg Lump

Options
Bubba's dad
Bubba's dad Posts: 97
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just bought a Egg about a week ago and just put the rest of the 20 lb bag in the egg today. Should I be going through it that fast?

Comments

• Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    If you cook alot, especially hot cooks.
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    How many cooks did you do with that one bag? Are you closing the bottom vent and putting on the rain cap when you are done cooking and then reusing the lump from the last cook?
    Saturday I did boneless pork ribs never went over 250 for 5 hours, (I filled with lump half way up the fire ring) put the rain cap on and Sunday I relit the lump from the day before and cooked wings for a couple of hours at 300 and I still have a little lump left.
    Hope this helps.
    Jupiter Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Bubba's dad
    Options
    I have been using it quite a bit this week. I have not used the cap when I am done, I just close the vent on the top and bottom
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    If you put the rain cap on it will put out the fire faster and save you some lump.
    I hope you have spent some time on the Naked Whizs web site it is very good and will help you learn much faster.
    Here is a link.
    http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramic.htm
    Jupiter Jim :)

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer