Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Back and Cooking Again!!

AlwaysGolfAlwaysGolf Posts: 704
edited 4:43AM in EggHead Forum
Well after being away a year, I am finally back in the good ol US of A. Thanks for all the prayers and support during my "vacation" from all on this forum. Now I have to catch up on all the missed recipes and posts. Decided to cook today and did some chicken and a couple of butts for pulled pork. Feels good to be back!!!

IMGP0019.jpg

IMGP0016.jpg

Comments

• Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Welcome Back!!

If I never said this - Thank you for serving..
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    Great cook.Welcome Home!,Thank you!Happy 4th to you and yours!!! :)
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    WB AG.
  • AlwaysGolfAlwaysGolf Posts: 704
    Thanks all, now I have to start shaking the rust off the golf game!!
  • GandolfGandolf Posts: 878
    Welcome home! Been wondering when we'd hear from you. Glad you're back safely and firing up that Egging Suite.
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,034
    Glad you are back. Dinner at our house this time.
    Stop by.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,953
    Welcome back, A.G. Looks like you didn't forget how to cook over there. :)

Gary Willson
    Sgt E-5, US Army, 1966-1968.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Welcome back AG - certainly didn't miss a stroke on the Egg.

Hit'em long and straight but don't hit'em often. :)
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,435
    Chicken and butts look outstanding!
    Welcome back! :cheer:

Have fun golfing and enjoy your 'quality time' around the egg. Summertime Tip; Beer is great in a frozen mug. :woohoo:
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    Welcome back, My Friend. Glad you're home safe.

Mike
  • welcome home... i cannot imagine how good egg food must have tasted after being away from it for so long.
    happy egging!!! to you
  • AlwaysGolfAlwaysGolf Posts: 704
    Thanks, but before I get into the full swing of Egging, have to take daughter to Disney and off to Florida to visit relatives. So will probably only be cooking on whatever they have available. If my golf game was in shape I would message Flpoolman.

Mickey I will definitely be stopping by soon. Hope you are doing ok and haven't suffered any further injuries, LOL.
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    AG, you certainly haven't lost your egging touch. The chicken and butts look perfect! Thank you for your service and dedication to our country. :)
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Welcome back!!!! The food all looks terrific, like riding a bike!
    Thank you!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,671
    Welcome back AG and since your game is rusty you only have to give me 2 a side :whistle: If you make it to this area give me a hollar, I promise not to break out the Nole pic :laugh: Glad your back safe and sound.
  • rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    Thank you for all that you do and I fully appreciate your commitment.I have a son entering the marines in the fall and am blessed that so many men and women will help this nation remain free.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE