Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Rib Results

FockerFocker Posts: 7,815
edited 8:54PM in EggHead Forum
Here is the link to the previous post of this cook. Should've waited and posted once? Got a little too eggcited chuggin' coffee and eggin' at 0500.
http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=918652&catid=1

Everything went quite well. Adjusted the draft door twice the entire cook, first was after the heat up, and second when bumping the temp to 300 to finish. Total cook time was a 6 hrs. Texture of the bark was great when removed, holding them for 1 1/2 hrs until arriving at the campground didn't help. They were overdone IMO, but went over well. The Walkerswood Jerk Seasoning definitely has some heat, made my Aunts drink an extra beer or two.

003-10.jpg

004-7.jpg

At least we didn't get skunked fishin' today, ended up catching a turtle. Can someone help me out with a good turtle soup recipe for the egg? :side:

005-9.jpg
Thanks
Brandon
Quad Cities
"If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

Comments

• Great lookin' bones my friend!
  • FockerFocker Posts: 7,815
    Thanks Vince, they were a pretty tasty alternative to the norm.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."